Read & Retell is a three-level reading series for beginner students. This reading program has been designed to strengthen students’ foundation of literacy abilities. It particularly focuses on improving students’ reading comprehension and oral reading fluency – two skills that are essential for future academic success. Throughout Read & Retell , various retelling activities are presented to build students’ comprehension proficiency. The series’ exciting and captivating oral activities reinforce students’ oral reading fluency as well. With Read & Retell , students will develop the abilities and habits needed to become fluent readers.
– Theme-based topics with engaging fiction and nonfiction stories
– Basic story elements and reading skills: characters, time, place, plot, problem & solution, main idea & details
– Lively Oral Reading Fluency activities to improve students’ reading accuracy, speed, and expression
– Literacy Center to boost students’ knowledge of pronunciation, grammar, high frequency words, and punctuation
– Special Sections: reading day and retelling day
– Retelling Charts for special sections
– Retelling Cards for each unit.